CM Rawat seeks extension of tax concession period for the state


#Dehradun #Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has asked the Centre to extend the period of tax concessions announced for the state in the wake of last year's catastrophic floods, by the next three years to help its economy recover from the aftermaths of the tragedy. Rawat made the request when he called on Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi on Friday. Seeking a helping hand from the Centre to rebuild lives in affected areas, the chief minister demanded extension of the facility (tax concessions) for the next three years besides speedy release of Rs 450 crore approved under Special Plan Assistance (SPA) and untied funds for reconstruction and rehabilitation work, an official release said here. Apart from this, Rawat also sought Rs 1,000 crore to make preparations for the Ardha Kumbh in 2016. The Centre had approved Rs 350 crore for Uttarakhand under SPA and Rs 100 crore under untied fund but the amount has not been received by the state as yet, the Union Minister was told. Telling Jaitley that the projects under SPA had been identified and detailed project reports prepared, he sought speedy release of funds so that reconstruction of damaged property in affected areas could be expedited.

Latest News

Upcoming Events